Friday, September 17, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 11

Another week down and I think I am getting out of the funk from last week. I am happy to report that my IT bands are finally cooperating. Doubling up on yoga classes this week worked wonders. I needed to get down and dirty and stretch everything out. Cutting down on miles and practicing water stops helped too.

Now to further help my physical and mental state, I am getting a deep tissue massage and taking the weekend off from running. I have only had one massage in my life. So I am really looking forward to this and hope it helps work out the tension and tightness of my leg muscles.

I want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me the past few weeks. I had this "whoa is me" type attitude and thought there was no way I could continue with my training or run a marathon. I do still have some doubts, but the positive attitude is back and I know I can keep on running and closer to the goal of finishing 26.2.