Monday, December 13, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 23

10 miles. It doesn't sound like that big of an accomplishment. But to me, this week, 10 miles was a huge step in the right direction. I have not truly trained in two two weeks thanks to a hip issue. But on Saturday, I took a chance, put on my running shoes and hit the road. I probably should have run more than 10 miles, but it was really all my hip could handle and I didn't want to push it.

Now that I have a pretty decent long run under my belt, I feel like I could start training again. I am no longer scared or worried about running or doubtful that I can complete the marathon. I just need to focus and get  back to the old routine. I am going to attempt my 20 miler this week. I have already put it off twice and with four weeks to go, I need to get it out of the way.

Also, I want to thank all my fellow marathon trainees and friends who have been so supportive over the past two weeks. I was really down and out and the encouraging words were extremely helpful.