Sunday, May 23, 2010

Namaste Needed

Consider this my confession: My name is Hello Kimmy and it's been more than two weeks since my last yoga session. Who knew yoga would have such an affect on my running? Sure I know any form of stretching is great for runners, but that's not why I started yoga. I was actually a yogi before I became a serious runner. I like the relaxation and strength aspect of the practice. Now, after more than two weeks without yoga and running more than eight miles a week, I'm starting to notice the positive effect it has on my running. My itiotibial bands feel much better. There's no soreness after longer runs.  Also, my legs feel stronger, which is allowing me to run at a faster pace. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to my regular yoga class this week. Namaste is desperately needed. Until then, I have a double date with my foam roller and roller stick.