Friday, October 08, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 14

Week 14 went great. There was a nice cool snap here and it made running comfortable again. I noticed I was running faster, more on my race pace, because of the cooler temperatures. Even my 13 mile time was better than the half marathon I ran earlier this year. About 5 minutes faster to be exact.

This week, I payed more attention to my running form. After my massage a couple weeks ago and talking to some friends who run a lot, I realized I am not running correctly. My shoulders are shrugged up and tense. I tend to lean forward a bit. That is why my legs and IT bands have been suffering. I am allowing my legs to all the work. Running is a full body sport. When your shoulders are back and your head is up, your arms give you momentum to help move you forward. It also helps you engage your core, which is a great workout. So this is my new goal: focus and improve my form. I also need to add some new tunes to my iPod too. Suggestions are always welcome.