Friday, October 15, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 15

It's been another great week of training. The weather has been so beautiful, making the running much easier. I have also gotten much better at running with the proper form and taking care of my body during this crazy training process.

No real problems to report this week. My long run was a bit sluggish. My time and pace were great, but I just felt slower than usual. I think yoga is to blame. Wednesday was an intense instructional class focusing on opening up the hips. The class was great and I learned a lot, but holding lunge poses for long periods of time and opening up your hips can leave you sore. You see, you have to engage your glutes to make the poses work. And let me tell you, running with sore glutes is a pain in the rear.

Week 16 should be an interesting one. The farthest I have ever run is 13.1 miles. Now, I will have to complete a 15 miler. I am sure I can do it. It just seems scary saying and reading it. Time to rework the ipod playlist, so I can rock out while trekking along.