Monday, November 29, 2010

Marathon Training: Week 21

This week was all about being thankful. I am thankful that I have survived 4 months of running 4 days a week with relatively no injuries, without losing any toenails and still have the ability to run and enjoy it. So as a Thanksgiving treat to myself (and my inflamed IT band), I took the week off from running. Yes, you read that sentence correctly. I did not run for a full seven days. I figured my body could use the rest, especially if I want to make it through the marathon pain free.

As I mentioned in last week's post, I bought a new pair of shoes. This will be the pair I will be wearing on race day. Running is a cheap sport. You really only need to invest in some good shoes, but I find it sad that I now have a pair of each of the colors available for this year's model of my shoe. At least I am brand loyal and found a shoe that works well for me.
Now it is time to lace up the shoes and get back to running. I ran five miles this morning without any pain or complications with the IT band. So I think the resting help. Just six weeks of this left, then I can celebrate big at the finish line.