Wednesday, June 16, 2010

It's Official... I'm in the Club!

Last night it happened. I became an official member of the Four Green Fields Running Club. For those of you who don't know, Four Green Fields is an Irish pub in Tampa. The owner invites runners to come by every Tuesday and participate in a 5K run down Bayshore Boulevard. The pub also supplies food and water after the run, although many choose to belly up to the bar and buy a pint of beer.

The club is quite amazing. On any given Tuesday there are more than 300 people running. I had no idea when I went for my first run there would be so many people. It says a lot considering, the club has only been around for a little over a year. It's also really cool to see everyone as you're running down Bayshore.

One of the highlights of the club is the official tech shirt. Sure, you can buy one for $20. But after 10 runs, you earn one for free. People actually wear them ever week and I look forward to sporting mine next Tuesday.