Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Vote On My Marathon Bling

Disney announced some cool news today. Everyone who runs the 2011 Walt Disney World Marathon will receive free admission to the theme parks the day after the race or what is being referred to as "Marathon Monday." Guess that gives me one more day to "pack it in" at the "house of the mouse." For those of you who don't know, the post-marathon plan is to hit Epcot so that I can eat my way around the world in desserts. Sure, people like to drink around the world. I'll probably do some of that, but after running 26.2 miles I'm going let my sweet tooth run wild. It will be well deserved and delicious.

Another interesting twist announced by Disney today. Organizers are letting runners (and everyone else) vote on the bling you'll get at the end of the race. Here are the choices:


You can vote on which marathon bling I will receive at www.disneyworldmarathon.com. Personally, I like medal 1, but choose what you like. Voting closes July 28 and the winning medal will be announced in August. Oh, and while you're there, sign up for the race. Why not? If I can run 26.2 miles, so can you!