Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bada Bing... Bada BOING

I am shaking things up during week 2 of marathon training. This week, I added a Boing workout to the schedule. That is in addition to my weekly yoga class and the 12 miles I have to split among 3 days of running this week (only one 5 miler left to go).

So what is Boing, you ask? Boing is like how it sounds. It is a 45 minute aerobics class in a room full of trampolines. Each person has his or her  own trampoline. You do a bunch of different moves while jumping and stationary to work all the muscle groups. It is definitely a cardio workout and then some. Instructors at the Boing Jump Center in Brandon say you can burn up to 1,000 calories in one class. 

I went to this class with three friends. And I think I speak for all of us when I say we had a great time. We laughed and felt like kids as we jumped and flexed our muscles. The class is designed to improve your flexibility, balance, strength, agility and endurance. Two days later, some of us have a few sore muscles. I know my triceps and obliques are a bit tight. But hey, at least I know those muscles got a good workout.

I highly recommend Boing aerobics to anyone looking for a fun, complete workout. You will definitely sweat a lot, tone some muscles and have fun while doing it.